Monday 24 October 2016

The Walking Dead Season 7 Nails with Delush Polish 'Poisoned Vine'

Hello!

So today is the day. After a very very very long wait of wondering and discussing, the Season 7 premiere of The Walking Dead is nearly upon us! I've had to avoid all social media and news websites today to avoid spoilers from the US airing yesterday. I'm relieved the premiere is here but so scared and sad that we're going to loose someone. I really must get better at detaching myself from fictional characters (like that's ever going to happen!).

Obviously I had to do some Nails befitting for The Walking Dead's return! I really love these!



I used heaps of stuff for these. Read on for the details!



So first of all I used the stunning 'Poisoned Vine' by Delush Polish as my base. This gorgeous blackened red needed just two coats. It dried super fast and had a great formula that was very self levelling. (Excellent for the pre The Walking Dead premiere excitement shakes!) It's such a beautiful vampy polish that I was sad to be covering it with stamping.



For my walker hand prints on my thumb I used my Color Club 'Splatter' stamping plate and stamped with Color Alike 'Kind of White' Stamping Polish and my Fab Ur Nails Jumbo Stamper. I know a lot of people have had trouble with the new Color Club plates. I had hoped to use my clear stamper with this design but it just wouldn't pick the image up. The Jumbo Stamper worked perfectly though.


For my Lucille leftovers on my pointer finger I used all the same tools as my thumb and then sponged on some blood stains with a make up sponge and Color Alike Stamping polish 'Red Dragon'. 



For my middle finger I used my Creative Shop No.35 stamping plate and stamped with Color Alike 'Kind of White' Stamping Polish and my Fab Ur Nails Clear Stamper. I was super impressed with this plate as the image is very detailed but everything worked great.



For Lucille on my ring finger I used my Sugar Bubbles 001 stamping plate and stamped with Color Alike 'Silver King' Stamping Polish and my Fab Ur Nails Jumbo Stamper. I then sponged on some blood stains with a make up sponge and Color Alike Stamping polish 'Red Dragon'. 



For my Walker arms on my little finger I used my Uber Chic 'Zombie Love' stamping plate and stamped with Color Alike 'Kind of White' Stamping Polish and my Fab Ur Nails Jumbo Stamper. 



I used the latex barrier Zap from Rainbow Connection UK to help with clean up.

This was my first time using a lot of these products. I wanted to mention the Color Alike 'Kind of White' stamping polish specifically. I knew I was playing with stamping fire using a white over a dark red base as I figured as soon as I applied my HK Girl top coat everything would get a bit smudged and the stamping lines wouldn't be as crisp. I braced myself but nothing of the sort occurred. There was no smudging whatsoever! Stamping goals achieved! Applause for Color Alike!


I really enjoyed doing some proper nail art for these and think I will definitely try to do more stamping than I have been. I think its just finding the time and energy at the moment.

I'm so so so excited for tonight! I think Negan is going to bring us a lot of heartache though! I hope you love these nails as much as I do! Apart from the UberChic plate this is all available from Rainbow Connection UK!


It's nearly time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for visiting,

Have a lovely day,

Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment