Tuesday 11 August 2015

The Walking Dead Nails


Hello!

Today I've got some 'The Walking Dead' nails that I did for the Season 5 finale to show you. There's a lot of techniques here so I'll jump right in.
                                

First of all I used 2 coats of OPI 'My Boyfriend Scales Walls' for my base. I love this polish for nail art. It's a beautiful white with a hint of grey. 

I then used dry brushing for my pointer and ring finger. I used a mix of grey, red and brown polish to create the distressed effect. I used OPI 'My vampire is buff', Models Own Hypergel 'Red Lustre', 'Brunette Red' and 'Raven Red' and Picture Polish 'Malteser'.

For my middle finger and pinkie I used just red dry brushing using 'Red Lustre' so that the stamping would stand out and so I wouldn't need too many layers for the blood droplets.

                                 

For my pinkie I used a nail art brush to paint on the blood droplets using a mixture of Red Lustre and Raven Red. 

I then stamped over the top.

I used Sugar bubbles nail stamping plates 001 for the barbed wire and skulls and 010 for the 'The Walking Dead' and stitches stamp.  Sugar Bubbles do a really amazing selection of plates. I used Konad black stamping polish and my creative shop stamper. Topped off with HK Girl top coat.

I love this Stamping Design, It came out so well 
This design really didn't take too long to do considering the amount of techniques. Everything dried fairly fast so that helped. 

I love that the nail community uses popular culture to inspire their designs and creations. Especially stamping plates as it then influences my nail art.

Are there any themed nails you've tried or would like to? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for visiting,

Have a lovely day,

Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment