Monday 1 February 2016

Galaxy Nails 'How To' (Picture Heavy!)

Hello!

So I've been very conservative with my nail polish buying this week and had no nail mail (Boo!) Instead I present you with this!!!

Today I have a post of EPIC proportions for you!! Galaxy Nails is something I've always wanted to try but felt a bit intimidated at how amazing everyone else's looked. But, with Star Wars on the way (Yes this post is very late) I used the Force and am so super proud with how these turned out. Hence why I couldn't resist taking pictures of them at every turn and this post could be made into a moving picture animation! I hope you love these as much as I do!



For my base I used Foxy Paws Polish 'Black Hole Sun'. A gorgeous black holographic. This was just two easy coats and no top coat!



My next step on the road to my nails resembling a galaxy was the sponging stage. I cut up some make up sponges and started with a white sponged line diagonally across my nail. I alternated the direction of this for each nail as I went along. I used my BK Matte White Polish from the Born Pretty Store but any white with good opacity would have been fine. I used tweezers to hold the tiny bits of sponge so I could get a smaller surface area of sponge to work with. And you don't want sponge messing up your other hand nails!  



I then added the sponged colours one at a time. I sponged them along the same direction as the white either side of the line. I used Virtuous Polish 'Passover' (the bright purple), 'Temperance' (the dark blue)' and 'Deborah' (the light blue).



I then went over any bits with the sponge and colour needed that I felt needed to pop more. It all dried super quick as the sponged layer is very thin. 



After this I then used my white polish again to add stars to my pointer and ring finger. I used a generic thin nail art brush to do the lines. 



I then added the small dots using my white polish with a dotting tool to create more twinkly far away stars.




I then added some hex glitter. I put a silver hex glitter in the middle of my big stars. I got these out of my Cirque Colors '1999' but any generic silver hex glitter would do. I then added a couple of hex glitters in a navy and purply maroon out of Rimmel 'Bedazzle' glitter top coat. I thought these went well with my colour scheme and added a bit of extra sparkle.




I then added ILNP 'My Private Rainbow (X)' as a top coat to make it holo. Because galaxies need holo.




It was all topped off with HK Girl Top Coat to protect the Galaxy as the ILNP 'My Private Rainbow (X)' was super glossy anyway.



I would also like to take a minute to praise my Uber Mat. Look at that mess. It made it so much easier knowing I could just leave sponge pieces and mess lying around and not be dreading the desk cleaning later!



Phew! That was long. I loved these nails and was very sad to take them off. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any 'How To' questions let me know in the comments! 

As always thanks for visiting and congratulations for making it all the way to the end!

May the Force be with you,

Have a lovely day,

Helen xx


No comments:

Post a Comment