Wednesday 3 February 2016

Mermaid Nails featuring Femme Fatale Cosmetics 'Jewels from the Deep'

Hello!

I have my first Mermaid nails to show you today! This is a nail art I've always wanted to try and when I reached for Femme Fatale Cosmetics 'Jewels from the Deep' I knew today would be the day!

Natural Daylight
'Jewels from the Deep' is a gorgeous mix of blue, teal, turquoise and green flakies and green microglitter in a tinted blue shimmer base. (So Complex!) It creates this gorgeous sea on your nails and the name is so fitting! It's from the Femme Fatale Cosmetics 'Midsummer Nights Dream' collection. It has a gorgeous green to blue shift in different lighting thanks to the flakies. It's simply beautiful. This was three easy coats.

Natural Daylight
Indoor Lighting with Flash
For my mermaid nail art I used Hehe stamping plate 005 from their core collection for the scale design. I stamped with Color Alike 'Silver King' stamping polish. I purchased this recently along with all the other Color Alike stamping polishes through the Etsy shop 'B. Loves Plates'. They have a huge range of the Color Alike stamping polishes as well as their own stamping plates and stampers. Well worth a look! As my first try with these stamping polishes I was super impressed. I'm looking forward to trying out the rest of my purchases and stamping in more than black and white! Hooray!  

Natural Daylight
Indoor Lighting with Flash
I used my new Fab Ur Nails Clear Jelly Stamper to stamp with as I wanted my Scales to be straight. I was so happy with how these turned out and hopefully this will be the end of my wonky stamping! I did a mini review of the stamper in my Nail Mail Monday post here. As you can see the results were fantastic. It picked up really well and I didn't have any issues.

Natural Daylight
Natural Daylight with Flash
I then added some studs that I purchased from Emily de Molly. Hayley does a whole host of different studs and ships them worldwide. I used some clear polish to stick them on. This is all topped off with HK Girl Top Coat. I am so impressed that I didn't loose one stud in the whole week plus I wore these.

I hope you love these as much as I do! What do you think of the new shorties by the way? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for visiting,

Have a lovely day,

Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment